28/10/13 6th EPF Regional Advocacy Seminar
“How to strengthen the patients’ perspective at EU and national level?”
When? 28-29 October 2013
Where? Zagreb, Croatia
Who can attend? Patients’ organisations from Croatia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro and Turkey
What? This year EPF will provide tools to the participants to advocate effectively at European and National level.
- To strengthen patients’ organisations’ advocacy capacity to become more empowered actor in national and European health policy arena;
- To raise knowledge and awareness of key EU health-related policies and legislation;
- To train patient leaders in order to develop effective communication skills to increase your visibility;
- To build mutual understanding and cooperation among patients’ organisations and with other stakeholders (e.g. associations of health professionals, industry);
- To identify opportunities and mechanisms to be involved in policy-making processes.
This Seminar will be an opportunity:
- To learn and share experiences about the implications of some key EU policy initiatives for patients and national healthcare as a whole;
- To promote better health policy and health outcomes at national level by building patients' organisations’ capacities in getting your message through as a collective voice;
- To strengthen patients’ organisations’ advocacy skills to increase your impact in policy and decision-making at national and European level;
- To strengthen patients’ organisations’ communication skills to increase visibility at national level and get your message across;
- To increase cooperation between patient organisations within and across the five eligible countries;
Good working knowledge of English is mandatory to allow for active participation and interaction.
The draft agenda is available in the right-hand column. The seminar will include plenary sessions, panel discussions and parallel workshops. These workshops are divided into two sessions: theory and practice. We invite you to mark your preference in the registration form and will do our best to respect this as far as possible.
EPF will cover all expenses related to your participation at the seminar. This includes accommodation for up to two nights (if needed), catering and economy travel in line with our reimbursement policy (right-hand column). Additional hotel nights can be booked at your own expense at a special conference rate (to be mentioned in the registration form).
We warmly invite you to an informal dinner that will take place on the evening of 28 October 2013. Please mention in the registration form if you wish to attend.
You can find the registration form in the right-hand column and the deadline to register is 23 September 2013.
Please note that only online registrations will be accepted and are subject to confirmation. Due to limited number of places we might not be able to accept all registrations, and we will send you confirmation that your registration has been accepted.
For more information on this event please contact Véronique Tarasovici: 0032 (2) 280 23 34.