26/08/2014 EPF Training on Fundraising
When? 26-28 August 2014
Whom for? EPF Full Pan-European Members
What? The Training on Fundraising is delivered within the EPF Capacity Building Programme that was launched in 2012. The objective of the training is to strengthen the capacity of 10 EPF European Full Members in fundraising.
Objectives & Outcomes
The objective of the training is to strengthen the capacity of 10 EPF European Full Members in fundraising.
- Understanding the concepts and culture of fundraising
- Defining current positioning and unique value proposition of the organisation
- Mapping and cultivation of current and potential donors
- Identification of the fundraising strategy/ies that best suit the organisation
- Identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities (e.g. EU projects, foundations, individual donors, etc.).
- Defining a fundraising action plan that defines milestones, targets, and responsibilities
- Applying tools and techniques for fundraising
- Ensuring a transparent and independent framework vis-à-vis donors.
Who can participate?
The training is open to any organisation that:
- Is a pan European patient organisation member of EPF
- The organisation complies with all EPF full membership criteria
- Commits to developing, implementing, and monitoring a Fundraising plan
- Commit to sending one representative (staff, Board member, volunteer) who has a specific role in fundraising for the organisation
The following criteria will be assessed:
- Compliance with eligibility criteria
- Current fundraising capacity: priority will be given to organisations with stronger need to strengthen their capacity. The current capacity will be assessed based on turnover of last three years; number and typology of donors of last three years; and funding prospects for 2015 and 2016.
- The organisation’s representative is available for the proposed training date.
- The organisation’s representative is the main person in charge/or has a specific assigned role for fundraising for the organisation (as per job description or ToR if applicable).