24-25/11/15 EPF Regional Advocacy Seminar - Nordic Countries
|Time||24/11/2015 09:00 - 25/11/2015 14:00|
|Organizer||European Patients' Forum|
Event organisation: Véronique Tarasovici (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Programme: Camille Bullot (email@example.com)
Who can participate?
Patient leaders from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Please note that applications for participation will open in early September.
This year’s EPF Regional Advocacy Seminar’s overarching theme is “Strengthening the patient’s perspective in EU policy-making and research”.
The overall objective of the EPF 7th Regional Advocacy Seminar is to provide patients’ organisations with tools to advocate effectively at European and national level.
In addition, the Seminar has specific objectives:
- Strengthening patient organisations’ capacity in order for them to become more empowered actors in national and European health policy arena;
- Raising knowledge and awareness among national patient organisations of how to get involved in the transposition and implementation of key EU health-related policies;
- Increasing the cooperation with other stakeholders (EPF; other patient organisations, health professionals, industry)
- Have a say on the EU & national research agenda – making a meaningful contribution
Through addressing the specific objectives mentioned above this seminar should ultimately make a valuable contribution towards fostering better health policy and health outcomes at national level.
- Enhanced patient organisations’ advocacy skills to increase their impact in policy and decision-making at national and European level;
- Increased cooperation between patients’ organisations within and across the participating countries;
- Improved relationship between EPF and patient platforms in the region, and identification of opportunities for further cooperation.
Furthermore, the conclusions and recommendations of the seminar will be integrated into EPF policy work as well as in our current and future projects.
The draft agenda is available below.
Interested? Express your interest!
DAY 1 - Patient involvement in Research
DAY 2 - Partnerships & Alliances
Reporting to the Plenary