Job opening - EPF Youth Intern
EPF is launching a Youth Intern position at its Brussels based headquarters.
The rationale behind is to support the sustainable growth of the EPF Youth Group by letting a young patient learn how to run the group activities. The Youth Intern will be supervised by the Programme Officer and will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about the different facets of patient organisations advocacy work, with a focus on Youth policy. The internship is meant also to improve organisational and public relations skills. EPF will offer the selected intern a compensation to cover living costs in Brussels.
Term: 3 months (April -June 2016) full-time with no possibility of extension
Location: EPF Brussels headquarters
Reporting to EPF Programme Officer
- Helping organise the Youth Group external (workshops etc) and internal meetings (Spring and Annual Meeting);
- Coordinating the monthly teleconferences;
- Helping build the Youth Group network and organise and attend meetings with external stakeholders (medical students associations doctors, MEPs, Youth organisations, etc.);
- Acting as first contact person for the recruitment of new members in the Youth Group;
- Contributing to Youth related activities with external entities (EMA etc);
- Coordinating contributions from the Youth Group to the EPF newsletter;
- Helping with reporting and drafting of recommendations;
- Managing the European Young Patients Facebook page;
- Supporting EPF campaigns from a Youth perspective.
- Membership in the EPF Youth Group;
- Very good/fluent English speaking and writing skills (other languages are an asset);
- EU nationality and/or right to work in Belgium without a work permit;
- Good command of Microsoft Office;
- Proactive, flexible attitude, and a good communication skills;
- Excellent organisational and team working skills.
Please send a motivation letter highlighting how they will contribute to the activities and their learning expectations, and a CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by and not later than 11th March 2016.