EPF Youth Group: Call for new members!
We are looking for young patient advocates to join the EPF Youth Group: find more details below!
The EPF Youth Group is made up of young patient representatives between 15-29 years old. They all have different chronic conditions and they come from all around the EU. The aim of the EPF Youth Group is to become the reference group of the young patient community and its role is to communicate the needs and expectations of young patients to the EPF secretariat and its members. You can find more information about the Youth Group and their activities in the following link: http://www.eu-patient.eu/About-EPF/whoweare/Youth-Strategy/
In order to become a member of the EPF Youth Group, the candidate must:
- Be between the ages of 15-29 and an EU citizen;
- Have a chronic condition (or be an experienced and passionate patient advocate and/or carer);
- Be nominated by a patient organisation which is member of EPF (but not an employee of this organisation);
- Have a working knowledge of English;
- Be committed to attending 2-3 face-to-face meetings per year;
- Show strong motivation and willingness to take a proactive role in engaging with the local young patient community;
- Be able to work well within an intercultural environment where integrity and fairness are key values.
The EPF Youth Group members duties include:
- Attending the two face-to-face meetings per year (held every spring and every fall) and report main outcomes and conclusions back to their organisation and EPF members;
- Participating in Group teleconferences and social media communication activities;
- Helping the EPF Secretariat to develop and implement projects and initiatives to further contribute to the goals of the EPF Youth Group Strategy;
- Feedback ideas, views and opinions and bring youth issues and opportunities to the EPF Youth Group.
The deadline for applying is 31.08.2019.
If you are interested in joining, please contact EPF Youth Group representative and EPF Youth trainee Borislava Ananieva at: email@example.com