EPF Training Module on Strategic Communication
|Time||21/09/2015 09:00 - 23/09/2015 14:00|
|Organizer||European Patients' Forum|
Travel & accommodation: Véronique Tarasovici (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contents & applications: Camille Bullot (email@example.com)
When? 21-23 September 2015
Where? Brussels, Belgium
What? The objective of the training is to strengthen the capacity of 10 EPF members in communication, making effective use of appropriate media and communication tools to support their advocacy work.
Objectives of the module
By the end of the programme the participating organisations will have developed skills related to:
- Understanding the value of communication and how it supports the advocacy strategy of the organisation;
- Developing core messages and proof points, evidence that support the organisation’s claims of value;
- Increasing awareness and involvement of targeted and specific groups of individuals/stakeholders;
- Writing powerful press releases and cultivating relationships with the media;
- Using communication tools for enhanced visibility e.g. websites, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Organising public events and campaigns;
- Defining basic planning frameworks for effective communication.
- Total of 10 patient representatives trained;
- Identifying and pursuing at least 1 communication activity per organisation;
- Training module in English consisting of programme of face-to-face training session; tools, presentations and exercises. The module will be shared with all EPF members as well as other non-member patient organisations.
Fore more information, please read carefully the concept note available below.
Who can participate?
The training is open to any organisation that:
- The organisation is a member of EPF.
- The organisation does not benefit from the EPF National Capacity-Building Programme;
- The organisation commits to completing the activities of the training;
- The organisations commits to send a representative (staff, Board member, volunteer) who plays a specific role in communications for the organisation and will be able to implement activities linked to the training.
How to apply?
To apply, please fill in the application form before July 10th.
The application form is available by clicking here.
- Applications will be collected until July 10th. Applications forms are available here.
- The baseline assessment will take place over the summer.
- The face-to-face training is scheduled to take place on 21-23 September 2015.
If you are interested in participating in this training module or if you wish to have more information, please send an email to Camille Bullot, EPF Membership Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).