Associate members are organisations that represent patients' associations but do not meet the 5 EPF legitimacy criteria.
Associate members participate to the EPF activities and policy work but cannot vote during the Annual General Assembly.
Members are patient organisations, but not solely.
Organisations registered in an EU country or in a candidate country.
Pan-European disease-specific organisations: represent less than 14 countries (but are aiming to expend their membership)
National platforms: represent less than 10 diseases (but are aiming to expend their membership)
Governing bodies are elected by the members and include patient representatives, but not solely.
Accountability & Consultation
Statements and opinions of EPF member organisations should reflect the views and opinions of their memberships and consultation procedures with those memberships should be put in place.
EPF member organisations should generally disclose their sources of funding and make available their audited financial accounts.
List of EPF Associate Members
- AMRC - Association of Medical Research Charities(2)
- BAPD - Bulgarian Association for Patients Defence
- DEBRA International - Global Network of Epidermolysis Bullosa Support Groups
- Digestive Cancers Europe
- ECO - European Cleft Organisation
- EFNA - European Federation of Neurological Associations
- EIWH - European Institute of Women's Health
- EMHF - European Men's Health Forum
- ENFA - European Network of Fibromyalgia Associations
- Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland - The Alliance
- Hungarian Osteoporosis Patient Association (HOPA)
- IBE - International Bureau for Epilepsy
- LUCE - Lung Cancer Europe
- Medical Research Charities Group (MRCG)
- Mental Health Europe (MHE-SME)
- Stroke Alliance for Europe - SAFE
- VPP - Flemish Patients' Platform
- WFIP - World Federation of Incontinent Patients