2018 edition - Inclusion and Non-Discrimination
What is it?
The Summer Training Course for Young Patients Advocates – Leadership Programme is an exciting and unique opportunity offering a tailored high-quality training to young patient advocates or representatives of young patient advocates who have the motivation to learn more about advocacy and maximise their leadership potentials in a real environment. Our vision for the Summer Training Course is to create a platform where young patient advocates would empower, inspire, and learn from each other on an annual basis.
What is the topic?
The previous edition of the course focused on three topic areas: leadership, discrimination, and human rights from an advocacy perspective. Based on the feedback received from the trainees, EPF and lead trainers agreed each of the areas would be worth more time and dedication to allow participants to develop a fuller and more thorough understanding. Therefore, the 2018 edition, will have inclusion and non-discrimination as overarching themes.
Where and when?
The Training Course will be held in Vienna, Austria from Sunday 1 July (evening) through Wednesday 4 July (evening) 2018. Participants must be able to attend the entire Course programme.
Who should apply?
All applicants must be either a:
- Young Employee or volunteer of a patient organisation,
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is not affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Alternatively, a family member/carer of a young patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition can attend the training if he/she accompanies a young advocate and is at the same time an active patient advocate.
- 18 - 30 years of age
- Country of residence: Applications will be accepted from candidates living in the EU Members States and those countries who have either the official EU candidate or potential candidate country status.
We will welcome applications from those who participated in the 2017 edition and are motivated to continue their leadership training and development with us!
How to apply?
Please fill in your application via this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8SF77PV
Applications will be accepted until midnight on March 1 2018 - no late applications will be accepted or considered! All accepted applicants will be notified by 30 March 2018 at the latest.
Please note that there is no registration fee, and EPF will cover travel and accomodation for all the selectec partcipants.
If you have any additional questions or issues with your application, please contact EPF Secretariat members Valentina Strammiello (email@example.com) or Danielle Flores (firstname.lastname@example.org).