Participate to the European Antibiotic Awareness Day 2015!
What’s the antibiotic awareness day?
The European Antibiotic Awareness Day is marked across Europe on 18 November. This initiative is coordinated by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. The campaign builds on successful national campaigns to raise awareness about the threat to human health of antibiotic resistance and communicate about prudent antibiotic use. It aims at promoting prudent use of antibiotics by raising awareness of everyone’s role, including patients, in keeping antibiotics effective for future generation.
How can you participate?
For organisations: By making a video statement
This year stakeholders are encouraged to produce videos to answer to the question “What is your organisation’s contribution to fighting antibiotic resistance?” It could also touch upon the personal commitment of the speaker, if time is available.
- It could start with the speaker saying, “Our contribution to fighting antibiotic resistance is….”
- The video clips to be as short as possible (30 seconds to 1 minute max).
- Subtitles should indicate the name of the speaker and its organisation (possibly in the national language and in English).
- Background should possibly be bright (not overly bright though) and include the logo of the organisation/national campaign and/or EAAD.
- The video should be produced between September and first week of November and made public on the 18 November in connection with the EAAD Global Twitter chat and during World Antibiotic Awareness Week.
- You can post the video on social media with the hashtag #EAAD
- If you are making your own video, let EPF know, we will promote it on social media
By sharing the patient experience through testimonies
You can provide a patients’ stories related to antibiotics, for example:
- If you had experience with antimicrobial resistance (resistance of a microorganism to an antibiotic l drug that was originally effective for treatment of infections caused by it.)
- If, as a patient, you contributed to using antibiotic wisely
The story can be shared on EPF blog and also by the European Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
Guidelines on how to write a blog are available in the related information box below.
Need more information?
Please contact email@example.com, Policy Officer, for more information.