Invitation to the First Joint Patient- Healthcare Industry Dialogue Meeting
It is our pleasure to invite EPF members to join the first Joint Patient Healthcare Industry Dialogue meeting which will take place on 5 December. For the first time, representatives from EPF, the umbrella patient organisation representing the collective voice of patients across Europe will have the opportunity to exchange with 7 trade associations representing the spectrum of the healthcare industry.
When? 5 December 2017
Deadline to respond? 13 October 2017
What is the rationale behind this meeting?
- EPF has recognised, through cooperation and dialogue with each trade association, that similar themes and challenges exist across the industry.
- As science and innovation advance, there is a need to breakdown silos and nurture the increasing symbiosis across different sectors within the healthcare industry.
- Deep-seated societal challenges require more and more a ‘one industry’ response as a trusted partner. This reflects a welcome trend towards multi-stakeholder collaboration.
The key themes we shall explore in this meeting will be:
- Value based and outcome driven healthcare; Understanding the synergies in the context of outcome based healthcare and patient relevant outcomes.
- How to optimise collaboration with patient groups, through guiding principles and codes; what does good practice look like? What meaningful patient engagement means in different industry contexts and shared learnings.
- The future of health collaboration at EU level and the role of the healthcare industry to support efforts to ensure more and better health as fundamental to achieve broader economic and social goals.
The full day meeting will be interactive in style, with the aim of identifying key actions to move forward together on these themes, and to reflect carefully on whether this unprecedented opportunity for dialogue and cooperation could evolve into an ongoing Platform.
As this meeting is on invitation only, and places are extremely limited, please respond to this mail by 13 October 2017 at the latest confirming your attendance.
To do so, please send an email to Sara Gayarre (email@example.com).
Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be covered by the industry partners involved.
Two weeks before the meeting, we shall be sending you an extended agenda, pre-reads and questions for your consideration, so that the day itself is as productive as possible.
The Steering Group
The Steering group is composed of:
Nicole Denjoy, COCIR; Andy powrie-Smith, EFPIA; Nicola Bedlington, EPF; Delphine Roulland, EUCOPE; Davide Marchi, Europabio; Kate O’Regan, Medicines for Europe; Timea Rezi-Kato, MedTech; Léa Coulet, MNI
More information: Camille Bullot (firstname.lastname@example.org)