New vacancy: Youth Trainee!
Opening: Youth Trainee
EPF is going to launch a Youth Trainee position at its Brussels based headquarters.
The rationale behind is to support the sustainable growth of the EPF Youth Group by letting a young patient learn how to run the group activities. The Youth Trainee will be supervised by the Programme Officer and will have the opportunity to gain knowledge about different facets of patient organisations advocacy work, with a focus on Youth policy. The traineeship is meant also to improve organisational and public relations skills. EPF will offer the selected trainee a compensation to cover living costs in Brussels.
Term: 5 months (March -July 2016) full-time with no possibility of extension
Location: EPF Brussels headquarters
Reporting to EPF Programme Officer
- Helping organise the Summer Training Course for Young Patients Advocates Leadership Programme
- Helping organise Youth Group meetings (Spring and Annual Meeting)
- Facilitating the monthly teleconferences
- Helping further develop the Youth Group network and organise and attend meetings with external stakeholders (medical students associations doctors, MEPs, Youth organisations etc )
- Acting as first contact person for the recruitment of new members in the Youth Group
- Contributing to Youth related activities with external entities (EMA etc)
- Coordinating contributions from the Youth Group to the EPF newsletter
- Helping with reporting and drafting of recommendations
- Contributing the European Young Patients Facebook page
- Supporting EPF Access campaign from a Youth perspective
- Membership in the EPF Youth Group,
- Very good/fluent English speaking and writing skills (other languages are an asset),
- EU nationality and/or right to work in Belgium without a work permit,
- Good command of Microsoft Office,
- Proactive, flexible attitude, and good communication skills,
- Excellent organisational and team working skills
Those interested should send a motivation letter highlighting how they will contribute to the activities and their learning expectations, and a CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by and not later than 21 December 2016.