2nd Call for interest – Gravitate Health Project searching for more User Advisory Group Members
The European Patients' Forum (EPF) is pleased to announce the 2nd call for representatives for a User Advisory Group (UAG) for the Gravitate Health Project.
The UAG reviews and advises on the Gravitate Health activities from a user perspective, and identifies mechanisms for meaningful patient and public involvement and input throughout the project. We believe multi-stakeholder engagement at the heart of Gravitate Health activities will be key to the success of this project.
ABOUT THE USER ADVISORY GROUP - We currently have 14 members of very active representatives in our group. We are looking to have a group of maximum 20 individuals in total (10 Patients/Patient Representatives, 5 Citizens/Consumers, 5 Healthcare Professionals).
The group is already playing a major role in identifying and understanding the key user needs of the Gravitate Lens G(-Lens) platform that will be developed during the project and will contribute to validate the tools.
The members of the group will attend several meetings:
- the Gravitate Health project’s Annual General meetings (3 members per year);
- The induction meeting (online) for the new and the current members (January 2022);
- 101 online workshops (throughout the project);
- Stakeholder meetings (throughout the project)
REQUIREMENTS - We are searching for Patient, Citizen/Consumer and Healthcare Professional representatives from a diverse range of age groups, genders and geographical origins. For Patients and HCPs, we would also focus on the variety of disease areas. Applicants must:
General (for all applicants):
- Be 18 years of age and older
- Representatives don’t need to be proficient in the topic but need to indicate a strong interest in Digital Health
APPLICATION FORM AND DOCUMENTS - Please complete the application form online. The application form consists of questions about your personal details (name, country of residence, experience), short questions about your motivation for applying, a declaration of interest, and information on how EPF will process your personal information.
Please do not forget to attach your CV to the application form.
Participants will receive compensations during the time of commitment.
TIMELINE AND SELECTION PROCESS - The call is open from 5 November 2021 to 6 December 2021 – totalling 4 weeks to submit applications. Applications will be evaluated by two EPF staff. Applicants can expect a reply within one week after the closing date of the call.
- 5 November 2021 – launch of the call
- 10 December 2021 – close of the call
- January 2022 – induction call with the selected UAG members
CONTACT DETAILS - If you have any questions about the User Advisory Group or the application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application form online with attached supporting documents by 10 December 2021 (17:00 CET).
BACKGROUND - Gravitate-Health aims to equip and empower citizens with digital information tools that make them confident, active, and responsive in their patient journey, specifically by encouraging the safe use of medicines, reducing risks, and for better health outcomes and improved quality of life.
- Gravitate-Health will develop a public digital information tool called the Gravitate Lens (G-Lens) that will share approved information on medicines (like package leaflets) from trusted sources in an understandable format. The G-Lens will guide patients to understandable, trustworthy, up-to-date information that meets their needs and fits with their health context and literacy levels.
- The project will also develop a white paper with recommendations on realistic strategies on the future use of digital services like electronic product information, that can be used to further minimise the risks associated with incorrect adherence to advice on medicines
EPF is co-leading the work on Capacity Building and Multi- Stakeholder Engagement, particularly in tasks pertaining to digital health literacy for patients, citizens and healthcare professionals. We will also contribute across other workstreams, in particular those related to identifying user needs, developing educational materials for the G-Lens, interoperability and accessibility, and proof of concept, sustainability plans, communication and dissemination activities.