STYPA 2021 - Shaping the Future of Patient Advocacy
The Summer Training Course for Young Patient Advocates (STYPA) is a European Patients’ Forum (EPF) training dedicated to young patient advocates (18-30 years old).
The purpose of STYPA in 2021 was to teach young patients everything they need to know about patient advocacy, while networking with other young patients, attending online group hangouts, learning from tailored webinars and developing their own advocacy project!
Our trainers will fully supported them in their new patient advocate journey and helped them maximise their leadership potential.
As participants, they will collaborated with other young patient advocates from all over Europe.
Where and when?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, STYPA 2021 took place completely online from May 2021 until October 2021.
All participants were:
- 18 – 30 years of age at the time of applying,
- Living in Europe.
- Young patients with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who were not affiliated with a patient organisation, or
- Young patients with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who were affiliated with a patient organisation, or
- Young employees or volunteers of a patient organisation,
- Alternatively, a family member/carer of a young patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition could attend the training if he/she accompanied a young advocate and was at the same time an active patient advocate.