The Summer Training Course for Young Patient Advocates (STYPA) is a European Patients’ Forum (EPF) training dedicated to young patient advocates (18-30 years old).
STYPA is an exciting and unique opportunity offering a tailored high-quality course for young patients or representatives of young patients, providing the space to dive deeper into the delicate topic of sexual health and well-being for young people with chronic conditions. Some of the focus topics include:
- What is the best way to talk to your healthcare provider, partner or potential partners about your sexual health in regards to your chronic condition,
- Familiarizing participants with the importance of body positivity and self image,
- Enhancing the confidence of the young patients to change taboos and misperceptions about young people with chronic conditions and sex.
When and where?
Introduction webinar - June 2022;
The face-to-face meeting of STYPA will be held on 14, 15, 16 and 17 July 2022, in Strasbourg, France;
Follow up workshop webinars - September and October 2022;
Closing webinar - November 2022.
*Please, note that EPF will cover travel and accommodation for all accepted participants in the course.
*The course could potentially be moved fully online, should it be required, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR STYPA 2022 IS CLOSED AND EACH PARTICIPANT HAS ALREADY BEEN CONTACTED.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be:
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is not affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Young Patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition who is affiliated with a patient organisation,
- Young Employee or volunteer of a patient organisation,
- Alternatively, a family member or carer of a patient with a chronic and/or lifelong illness/condition can take part in the course, if she or he accompanies a young person, and is actively involved in the patients’ advocacy work. The Programme can sponsor only one family member/carer per participant.
- 18 – 30 years of age at the time of applying,
- Living in Europe.
Please, note that the entire training will be in English. To successfully take part in this training course, you must have a working knowledge of English.