Become part of the young patient community!
The aim of the EPF Youth Group is to become the reference group of the young patient community and its role is to communicate the needs and expectations of young patients to EPF and its members. Youth Group members are expected to advocate on behalf of all young patients to ensure the youth perspective is provided and to actively promote the involvement of young patients within patient organisations at both the European and national level.
EPF Youth Group members are required to:
- Attend the semi-annual in-person meetings (Spring and Fall) and report main outcomes and conclusions back to their organisation,
- Participate in group teleconferences and social media communication,
- Help the EPF Secretariat develop and implement projects and initiatives to accomplish the goals of the EPF Youth Strategy,
- Feedback ideas, views and opinions and bring youth issues and opportunities to the EPF Youth Group.
In order to become a member of the EPF Youth Group, an individual must:
- Be an EU citizen between the ages of 15-29,
- Have a chronic condition (OR be an experienced and passionate patient advocate and/or carer),
- Be nominated by a patient organisation which is a member of EPF (but not an employee of this organisation),
- Have a working knowledge of English,
- Be committed to attending 2-3 physical meetings every year,
- Show strong motivation and willingness to take a proactive role in engaging with the young patient community,
- Be able to work well within a cross-cultural team with fairness, integrity and respect
To apply to the EPF Youth Group, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Completed application form
- Endorsement Letter from your represented EPF member organisation
Thank you for taking the next step towards patient advocacy!